Turning Of The Tide Turning Of The Tide

My Kind of Music

Love it... This is definitely my kind of music. It's not often that a person really knows how to put the sounds together to make it sound professional. Great job.
What program are you using, and how do you get that awesome guitar sound in the background?
If you get a chance, give my stuff a look. I tried to do an orchestral piece, but I don't think I captured that feel you got so well. I have to know how you did that guitar.

Rottenbeard responds:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm using FL Studio 7, Atmosphere (Much of the strings you hear are actually a mix of string/synth pad) and East West Gold Orchestra. I think that was it..

The awesome guitar sound is nothing more than Guitar Rig 3 and my guitar :). Though what you might mean is the full body of the sound, which is achieved by double tracking the guitar (recording the exact same thing twice, then panning one to the left channel, one to the right channel to get full "stereo" sound).

If you have guitar rig, the amp preset I chose was "aggressive" under the Metal section, that's all I used for the guitar sound. I didn't even EQ the guitar at all as it sat in the mix perfectly, how you hear it is how it was recorded aside from adjusting levels.

Thanks for the comments and I hope i've been of some help. I'll be sure to check out your piece.

Regards,
Daniel

can't take it any more can't take it any more

Hmmm

I can see what you guys were going for... but I honestly feel you might be trying to do too much at once. I really liked the opening and the way you built it up, but unfortunately, at around 2 minutes into the song, I just couldn't take it any more.

exaco responds:

haha... ok thnx for the review man...
ooh do you know how to change the title of the song >?

[Helth & GW] - Gate to Heaven [Helth & GW] - Gate to Heaven

Shweet!

Sounds awesome dude! I love the bridge and how you follow with a progressively evolving tune, adding more sounds as it moves along.

Can't wait to hear more. Thanks

gamerworld14 responds:

If you would like to hear more stuff like this, check out Helth's amazing (HelthRMX) songs :D Thanks for the 10/10!

the thingy song the thingy song

Dude!

I may just be a sucker for this kind of music, but I love it!

I love the transition from strings to techno. Definitely well worth listening.
When it comes to techno, you know what you're doing.

jebjow responds:

Thanks for the comment

-easy does it- -easy does it-

I like it...as background loop to something.

Its a cool sound. Good work with the bass and drums.
My only issue is that nothing really happens in the song (no melody or anything).
This would be perfect for background music to something.

MikkMakk88 responds:

thank you for your good feedback :) the reason there is nothing big happening in the song is because I was trying to get a sort of and ambient feeling.

-:: Entranced ::- -:: Entranced ::-

Sweet

Pretty cool sound. Sounds like it should be playing during some sort of level in a dungeon game or something, maybe Decent 2 or 3. You definitely did a good job at mixing the genres.

Agitat0r responds:

Thank you! I am just starting to put electronic music and symphony music together.

Join the Power--_--(2:33) Join the Power--_--(2:33)

Awesome Beginning

Loved the beginning, really cool way to give the mood.

PERVOK responds:

Jonathan's Song Jonathan's Song

Amazing soft guitar, great for relaxation.

This piece is in my opinion, one of your best. The soft guitar is much better than in I'll Love You Forever.
Also, I love the way you panned the different guitar tracks to separate sides and then mixed them so well.
Definitely keep up the great work, and please more songs with this wonderful relaxing guitar.
A well deserved 10/10.

Soundshifter responds:

thank you very much, ill keep em coming :D